Ford Focus Engine Replacement
Recovered into the garage as non-starter by the RAC.
Initial inspection carried out showed poor compression on cylinder 3. Suspected internal fault with engine .
Gained authorisation from the customer to strip vehicle apart to investigate exactly what is going on with the internal engine.
- Stripping of engine components
- Cylinder head removed to inspect the cylinder block
- Head gasket failure
- We can see water had entered into the cylinder bores and washed the bores out this made the cylinder block unserviceable. Unfortunately this vehicle now required a new engine.
- New engine orderd from the main dealers Ford and assembled into the vehicle
- Vehicle all built up test drove with no faults to report